Scrumptious scones recipe
Makes: 8 scrumptious scones
Takes: about 25 minutes (10 preparation and 15 minutes cooking time)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan assisted 200°C/gas mark 7 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and butter together.
- Stir in the sugar and then the milk until you get a soft dough .
- Put the dough on a floured surface and knead it gently.
- Pat the dough into a circle shape 2cm thick.
- Use a 5cm circular cutter and put onto the greased baking paper.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all (or as much as possible) of the dough is used.
- Glaze the scones (brush gently) with the egg (or milk) and put them in the oven for about 15 minutes until they are golden-brown and have risen.
- Put them on a wire rack to cool.
- When they are cool, cut the scones in half and serve with butter and a jam of your choice, or more traditionally with clotted cream and jam.